Southalls one-day ‘IOSH-approved Yard and Warehouse Training for Builders Merchants’ course empowers yard foremen and senior yard workers to spot and solve common hazards before an accident happens.
The interactive session delivers a rundown of legal responsibilities for key personnel, plus the requisite skills to proactively pinpoint risk, prevent incidents and promote safety excellence across your site.
Tailored modules cover:
- Law, duties and risk assessment
- Understanding a risk assessment
- Requirements for employers, employees and yard supervisors under current H&S law
- Hazard awareness and control
- Carrying out an effective ‘hazard spot’
- Hierarchy of control – and what it means for your business
Diagnosing and dealing with recurrent risks:
- Workplace transport
- Working at height
- Racking and stacking
- Work equipment
- Manual handling
Monitoring control measures:
- What is monitoring?
- Designing a checklist
- Monitoring contractors
- Reporting accidents
Boost confidence and compliance across your core team with the help of Southalls sector experts. Reserve your place today.
DATE: Wednesday 4 December, 2019
TIME: 9.00 am to 4.30 pm (registration from 8.30 am)
ADDRESS: Associated Independent Stores | Cranmore Park | Cranmore Avenue | Shirley | Solihull | B90 4LF
PRICE: £195 per delegate, including lunch